We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had wonderful views of the volcano. As other reviewers have said the gardens are beautiful with lots of birds. We had a comfortable room. We asked for a fridge which they provided with no problem. We were told by front desk that a taxi into town would cost $11USD one way. We had flown from Drake Bay to La Fortuna airstrip & we got a transfer provided by Nature Air for $25 for the both of us. So we did drive through La Fortuna on way to lodge. We thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast. We also ended up enjoying other meals - we ate a very late lunch (around 3/ 4 pm) try the chicken & rice $9USD which was delicious! (We had intended to go into town to explore but ended up simply relaxing!) Our pre booked excursions met us at reception each morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park