A lot of people we met at the pool (almost all guests were from the US) said they chose this place because it was simple, safe and clean. Safe and clean? How about a gated entry? We splurged on this place and it was very nice. Up to US standards for nice, and I'm not talking a Holiday Inn. They serve you liquor in the pool for God's sake The rest of our trip we stayed in mom and pop places that were safe and clean, but definitely not upscale. I guess it all has to do with what you're accustomed to. If you can't live without a memory foam mattress, you can't go mom and pop. One family had a car/driver because they were scared to drive. What? You don't think you can do what the Ticos do? We rented a car, but normally I would just take the bus, because the bus system in CR is amazing and SO CHEAP. I have zero complaints about this place. The pool was great as was the service. If you want to feel like you are in the US with all its amenities, this is your place (except for the giant volcano looming over the pool on a clear day, you won't get that in the US). It was really a great place to end our trip after a wonderful week of hiking through muddy jungles and having to drive/walk to the market to get a beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park