Really nice resort with landscaped gardens and nice pool and Jacuzzi areas. Comfortable rooms – nothing luxurious but had everything you need and were spacious. Our room didn’t have a view of the volcano - I thought all rooms did so that was a bit disappointing but you could see the Volcano from lots of areas on the resort so not really an issue. Every day we had a different towel creature on the bed.
We had a car so found the location to be pretty well based for travelling around – short and direct drive one way into town or same distance in the other direction to the National Park, Lake Arenal, Tabacon Hot Springs, Hanging Bridges etc.
The restaurant was good – food and drink was reasonably priced (about 10 dollars for main courses) and plenty of choices were available on the breakfast buffet. They have a happy hour at the bar but check your bill –cocktails are buy one get one free during happy hour but we were charged full price for two. When we queried this they said we had ordered them outside of happy hour, which we hadn’t. From reading other reviews it seems you have to order two of the same drinks, not two different drinks from the Happy Hour menu. Confusing so don’t get tripped up on this like we did – my husband would have rather had a beer but only ordered the cocktail because he thought it was free!
Our only other gripe would be that the sunbeds were rock hard and very uncomfortable for sunbathing. The resort would really benefit from having mattresses available for the sunbeds.
My tips for people visiting would be to hire a car to get around (driving is straightforward as everything, including the hotel, is on the main road through La Fortuna), take some extra towels to soften the sunbed experience (they provide 2 with the room) and check your bill in happy hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park