We arrived December 7, 2012 for our 5-night stay during our honeymoon. We arrived late at night so we couldn't fully appreciate what we were about to experience. The grounds are like a botanical garden, the animals and bugs are like nothing you've ever seen, and the staff are wonderful. The included menu provided great food (try the typical dish) and the breakfast buffet had a nice variety. We had a room facing Arenal and it was so serene. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so special.
When it rains in the evening (I think typical of the "winter months") it can be tough to sleep through the random showers and the rooms aren't made of high quality materials so you literally hear everything that's going on outside. The rooms are large and yes, the wi-fi is easily accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park