Everyone says the right things, but I wanted to call particular attention to the gardens - its not just the Volcano Lodge... its the Volcano Lodge and Gardens! They are spectacular. If you get up early for a tour or the like, you will see hundreds of birds - especially hummingbirds - plus countless varieties of blooming plants. Most rooms (like ours') have spectacular views of the Volcano (which was venting near the top when we visited) and we saw it many times unobstructed despite it being part of the rainy season. The restaurant is very good - we had a terrific dinner there and our breakfasts. Also, when our tour arrived too early to sit-down and have breakfast, the staff offered to bag a breakfast for us (fruit and hot sandwiches) gratis. Very nice. Front desk staff is super nice too. Cannot believe we got rooms for $50/nt including taxes and breakfast for two - ridiculously good deal. PURA VIDA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park