Volcano Lodge & Springs
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$215
$201
Hotels.com
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$120
$108
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$69
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$146
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$138
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
Hotels.com
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$253
$160
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$244
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$299
TripAdvisor
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$449
3,282 results
All reviewshot springscosta ricala fortunabeautiful groundsprivate hot springrocking chairsswim up bartowel animalsprivate patiobreakfast buffetback porchevery morningrainy seasonrooms are nicethermal poolsarenal arearestaurant staff
Reviewed February 14, 2008

We stayed in a fantastic room - large, great bathroom, nice area to sit and enjoy the views of the volcano and gardens. The room was very clean, and the service staff were great.

Of the two restaurants, we only ate at the smaller - and cheaper - one. The food was lovely, far exceeding our expectations, and really good value - the casados were huge. Breakfast was almost as good too with a great range, eggs cooked fresh and plenty of fresh, high quality fruit.

But best about the hotel is its gardens - they are immaculately cared for and home to a vast range of birds and other animals; we saw almost as many species here as we did in a day's walking in the national park. From the hummingbirds that are everywhere during the day, to the armadillo that was wandering around outside our door at night, this was a definite bonus to our stay.

The only downside was the tours available - they're a bit pricey and seem to be geared up more for those that want their hands held all the time. If you can sort out trips yourself it's probably best.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank acr606
Reviewed February 13, 2008

The staff at the Volcano Lodge were incredibly helpful during our stay. They provided great recommendations for tours and tour companies, and their suggestions for off-property restaurants were uniformly good. They were also helpful about passing on messages to other members of our party.

The room was fine. I liked that we didn't share walls with anyone else. We saw lots of wildlife on the path just from our room to breakfast! The breakfasts were also tasty.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Arenal.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Cauliflower81
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Stayed at the Volcano Lodge for two nights and we loved it ! So cosy.
The rooms were very clean and nice, also good and big beds. The veranda with two rockinshairs was our favourite, we loved sitting there at the afternoon having coffe and a drink while looking at the volcano and the hummingbirds right in front of us.
While not beeing on tours we relaxed at the small but nice poolarea. The hotelarea is very beautiful whit a big garden with a lot of flowers.
Had a very good dinner at the hotel restaurang. The breakfast was also quit good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mats_Stockholm
Reviewed January 12, 2008

We decided to have dinner at the Volcano Lodge where we ate at the night before and had a fine time this was a TERRIBLE experience. With all of the lobsters people were eating last night we asked if they had some. The server said they did, but it’s not on the menu and he came back to tell us that it was $40 USD. Ok, that’s how much it costs in the States. We were going to go for it, but then some other guy (who seemed to be managing everyone) came to us and said that the lobster was $60! Excuse me, the other guy just said it was $40. So the he proceeded to negotiate with us and said he’d give it to us for $50. After seeing our frustration at the audacity he proceed to try to sell us their “Christmas Banquet” – a price fixed menu that had the option for lobster. Whatever, we didn’t want to pay $65 for a Christmas cafeteria meal! So, without having a car, we were a bit stuck and wasted their time by taking another 15 minutes (furious) ordering.

After placing our order – shrimp with fruit and pork tenderloin and waiting to try to think positive in spite of being angry. I see that a colorful plate that could have been mine is being served to a table away from us, we were here first yet their were getting their food before us – hmmm. I’m watching as they enjoy their food, that REALLY looked like mine. And when we are being served our food, which in fact was their food, I pointed out their error. They take our food to the back. They picked up my shrimp from the woman that was already 4 minutes into eating it and take it away. I guess they decided to let the husband keep the pork he was already digging into it. Then I see them 2 minutes later try to serve me THE SAME FOOD that the woman had already eaten from and give my husband the other man’s right food. Of course I’m livid at this point, and they play stupid not understanding the English that I’m saying even though they very well know what happened – how they were trying to serve me food that was half eaten, I saw them take it away and give it to me. And the ‘manager’ who tried to rip us off on the lobsters asked what we wanted. We said, we wanted our right food. He said, our kitchen is very busy and he was protesting doing so because they had too much to do in there and if we wanted a Christmas lobster instead. UGH. Needless to say we left. Definitely no pura vida in this place, they were jerks (I have more chioce words that I will keep)! And the sad part is, this really sticks out in our mind when we remember what should have been a great adventure.

Stayed: December 2007
7  Thank goingplllaces
Reviewed January 8, 2008

This was a great place to stay for anybody visiting the area. I really think the Volcano Lodge did an excellent selection of their tour companies. I went there on a girls' trip and did the waterfall canyoneering, volcano hike, and Tabocon with dinner there. The drivers were always prompt to pick us up for our excursions and the guides with the companies were polite, friendly, and knowledgable.

Stayed: November 2007