We stayed at this hotel for one night on a road trip from San Jose to see the volcano and La Fortuna Falls. If I had to plan it again, I would have stayed another night. This hotel was our second choice as we arrived at Tabacon with no reservation and they were full. We then drove to this hotel and thought we would take a chance and it turned out to be a fantastic experience It is a new hotel and one can tell that they are still figuring things out in some ways, but that makes them more accomodating. The property is beautifully landscaped--the most beautiful tropical flowers. The staff is great. The cabin faced the volcano and had a porch. How wonderful it was to sit out on the porch, drinking a bottle of wine and watching the volcanic activity. It was so peaceful and secluded. The cabin was new and clean with great decor--the bathroom and showerwere awesome. We were told we could use the pool/spa at any time during the evening--it did not close. We did not feel like eating in the restaurant or room, so they brought us room service at the hot tub. It was after hours, so they brought us what they could at that time and a bottle of wine--the guacomole was good. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and the view from restaurant (like the view from our room) was fabulous. The room rate was very reasonable and the service and and value was great. This hotel is hightly recommended for this area. I almost do not want people to know about this hotel as i would like to keep it a little secret. I predict they will give Tabacon some competition in the years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park