We arrived much later than we had expected, as we drove from SJO. Nonetheless, we arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff. Our room was very clean and lovely. Heck, it wasn't a room, it was it's own building. AC worked great, by morning, we were even a little bit cold. Fridge had colas, chocolate, water, and a few beers. The morning coffee was great. We opted against housecleaning 2 of the three days to save on wash of towels and sheets. As for the restaraunt: breakfasts were all great. Plantains, Black beans and Rice, eggs, veggies, sweet breads, omelets, fresh fruit, cereal, and the amazing coffee. Dinners were better than okay, but living in San Francisco, our palettes aim extraordinarily high. We had a couple lunches and they were more than satisfactory. Pools: my partner is a lizard, so of course they were not warm enough, but I found them comfy and fun. Activities: we booked a 4x1 package -- Hanging bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, Arenal Park hike, and Spa with dinner and lunch included. It may have been a little expensive, BUT we got transport to and from each site, plus a tour guide, and the meals. The convenience was sufficient to make the whole thing very enjoyable. Plus after the spa, we slept like babies in that gigantic bed in our room, it was 13 hours of hiking some of it in the rain. The gardens around the facility are stunning. We did the on site hike to the river. It got challenging at points, so I can see a few points at which some folks might have turned back, but I like that all the more. I earned those minutes sitting in the river Arenal. We came in the rainy season, so we never got to see Arenal in her full view, but there's nothing Montaña de Fuego can do about that...
Everyone from top down was friendly. Service was never an issue. I never saw anything but smiles.
I would warn some 'murikan tourists: You'll walk. Wifi isn't everywhere. It is a tourist spot, so don't expect "cheap" or inexpensive. You're in Costa Rica: turn off the television and experience all that is around you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park