American Express Travel gave this place rave reviews. We showed up to find stains all over the sheets, sofa soiled and bathroom needs new grout. My husband is allergic to black mold and he was having issues. We couldn't run fast enough. The hot tub was broken and the pool was being renovated. Front desk was so unhelpful when I told them of my disappointment in their room. American Express reservations was closed so we were forced to sleep there since it was late. The front desk kept American Express on eternal hold to try to resolve the problem. I called housekeeping while we ate dinner and they just tucked in the top cover and didn't change the sheets. So I called for house keeping again and 2 boys showed up and I showed them the stains, etc... They brought a huge stack of sheets and we ended up using top sheets. Also the mattress pad look like it shrunk so it didn't fit the bed so I had them use 2 of them and over lap. It took 30 min. to resolve the situation. The one of the young boys was very embarrassed and apologized. They also do not have a cover on the duvet so I don't know how often it is washed so I had them put a sheet on top of it as well. We had a driver pick us up at 9am the next morning. The front desk told the driver we left for 40 minutes! We didn't. We were waiting for the driver!
We are in our 40's and I believe we were the youngest ones there. No was seen under the age of 70! They all had "Sun Tours" neck tags on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park