We stayed there in Nov. 2013 on the first leg of our honeymoon journey. Thankfully, we had a Living Social deal, making it a low-cost place to stay in the Arenal area (and many other hotels were booked). Overall, I wouldn't recommend it, especially at regular prices.
A) The rooms:
-The delux cabin was large with a living area, bedroom, bath and kitchen counter
-We were able to watch Sunday night football in the room
-Good views of the volcano
-Pretty grounds and a decent hiking trail
-The rooms have an odd, unpleasant smell
-There were small ants throughout, especially in the living room area
-The sheets were stained with holes
-The water temperature in the bathroom was hard to adjust and hot water sparse
-The sofa had stuffing coming out and looked like it had never been cleaned
B) The restaraunt:
-The food is decent, just far too expensive for the quality and quantity you receive
-The fajitas were good, the flan is delicious and the pineapple juice great. The breakfast buffet was fine and gallo pinto is decent.
-WAY overpriced for the quality and quantity
-Stay away from the pasta dishes
-There were large groups that had access to a buffet. We assume it was a group deal, but it was unclear if we were the 'tourists' who had to order from the expensive menu or if the other group had other arrangements
C) The tours:
-We had 2 included tours in our package, but purchased 3: The horseback tour to the Volcano, to the River and Zip Lining
-The tour staff are great, especially Alex, who led us on the horseback tours. Fantastic! The Zip Line guys were also very good.
-The volcano trail needs work. I was a little concerned about our safety and that of the horses in the rocky, muddy, steep terrain
-Double check the tour invoices. We were charged for the wrong tour. The Go Adventures staff worked it out in the end, but double check the charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park