We stayed at the 2 bedroom suite, which was very impressive when we first entered.
The king size bed was so very comfortable, it seemed actually even wider than king (if it exists). The sheets and pillows were excellent as well. The AC worked great, and the bathroom seemed so cool, with huge jacuzzi tub.
BUT there was not enough hot water to fill even quarter of the tub, the water turned ice cold after that. AND there apparently was a crack in the tub through which the water kept sipping out.
On the second day when we returned to the room after day activities, we realized that there was a big puddle of water under the wet bar sink (where we unfortunately stored our bags), the cloths got soaking wet. The water kept leaking.
We called the office 4 times during that day and asked to fix it. The personnel was very nice, kept saying: "Oh, we are so sorry to hear this, we'll send somebody to fix immediately". At 11PM I walked to the reception and re-iterated the problem, got the same answer. Guess what? Nobody ever fixed it. We ended up throwing 5 towels under the sink to prevent the flood:)
The resort has a HUGE potential, I am sure it was amazing 10 years ago. They just need to repair the problems and it will be back to glory.
BTW, breakfast was good! We were there during winter and the fog was very dense, but I am sure on the clear day the view of Arenal from the restaurant must be breathtaking, the location is perfect for this.
Didn't try the SPA, so no comments on this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park