We arrived at the beautiful location at the foothills of the Arenal Volcano and were greeted by friendly staff. When we checked in to our room we were surprised that there were two double beds and not a king as we requested. Also, there was mold growing on one wall of the bathroom from an obvious roof leak. We went to the front desk to report these findings and they were professional- offering to transfer us into an upgraded suite. We were pleased with the suite though it also had areas of mold from water damage and some of the furniture was scuffed and worn. The bathroom had a large jacuzzi tub but there was a large hole that had been poorly covered in one corner of it. Aside from the maintenance issues the rooms were very clean. The wi-fi was only strong near the front desk and sporadic in the room. The grounds were beautifully adorned with tropical plants and flowers. The guest services were very friendly and accommodating, the second day when the housekeeper made up our room she folded towels into a lovely heart shape with flowers decorating it on our bed. The restaurant staff were friendly, informative and the menu was creative. We had the Churasco special one evening and the chef prepared it in front of us with a fun dimming of the lights for the final flambe! The hotel was nicely situated at the base of the volcano in between the town of Fortuna and the Arenal National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park