This hotel is at the tipping point. It could go either way at this point. It's a little seedy and maintenance is at the best, lacking. Several parts of our room and patio needed repair and had been patched without fixing the problem. No Wi-Fi in the room , so lobby only for using their computer. Rooms are not dark-curtained since the dark curtains were removed and never replaced so get ready for break-of-dawn rising. Rooms light up like the surface of the sun at about 6 a.m. or earlier
Restaurant staff hasn't yet mastered the English language causing some very difficult moments, for instance, waiter tells us US$16.00 but later brings bill for US$60.00 for shrimp! A/c in room never quite got cool so sleeping was not an easy thing.
On the plus side...we were there in late August and had few fellow residents so the pool was empty and the restaurant was clear each time we went. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate with made-to-order omelets and a very good buffet. We recommend the zipline tour from the hotel. Rooms are very spacious (room 267 was ours) but the showers lack shower curtains and the window curtains allow too much light in even at night from the security lights. The view of Volcan Arenal is absolutely breathtaking. Be sure to pet the dog on the way to the office.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park