Hotel Las Colinas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel La Fortuna(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Monte Real(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Pura Vida Hotel & Restaurant(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
San Bosco Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel El Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Cabinas Arsol(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Restaurant
Arenal Rabfer Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Luigi's Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Arenal Montechiari(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Regina Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
All reviewsla fortunacentral locationarenal volcanofriendly hotellarge supermarketfirst floorcosta ricarainforest cafehot waterrestaurants and shopsprivate balconylocation is greatbreakfast was includedsan josebeautiful viewjunior suiteclean rooms
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We flew in from Texas to San Jose, rented a car and drove to Fortunata and just wanted a convenient downtown hotel for the night....this one did the trick! Our 3rd floor room was very small but served our need to just crash. You'd likely want to bring your own face towels (theirs are like sand paper), but bath towels were fine. One other thing. only available electrical outlet was in the bathroom or high up by the a/c unit....none on the bedroom walls for chargers and such!

The staff were super-nice and the very inexpensive room (<$60 on hotels.com) included buffet breakfast. Breakfast was as good as the that in our later, pricier hotels and lots of foreign languages being spoken from around the world. I particularly want to thank the front desk attendant....wish I could remember his name....who let me park right in front and had someone watch my car all night! Don't miss going to the 3rd level to get best pix of the volcano. And make sure to stroll to the park just a block away....beautiful.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you don't want to lug bags up stairs, ask for a lower level room. There is one room on the 3rd floor with windows facing the street (might be noisy in high season) but also the volcano.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed in Las Colinas for my 2 first nights in CR, time to see the volcano and take a look around.
I booked a preferent room with "great view" to the volcano and "balcony" : the view was quite better from the shared patio, and the balcony was just the corridor from the room to the patio ...
Room was clean and quite big for us, but noisy till bar, close to the hotel, closes.

Breakfast is ok but if you are still hungry or want to change, get a breakfast at the soda just in front of the hotel : thats the place to eat in La Fortuna ;)

People working there and reception servicxe were absolutely wonderfull!

Las Colinas is located in the center of La Fortuna (15 minutes far from El Arenal), and you can reach any restaurant, bar, soda, travel/sport agency from this point.
There are some SPAs and resorts outside the city, on the way to the volcano : if you have a higher budget, i would recommend this option, as you could benefit natural hot springs pools and maybe better rooms.

For mid budget travellers, Las Colinas is a good option.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on the second floor with view to the shared patio.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DaniElFrances
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently completed a 4 night stay at Las Colinas, and we were very pleased with all aspecits of our stay. The room was great--the in-room jacuzzi was perfect after several days of hiking!! The view of the volcano from the shared patio was amazing. The food served for breakfasts was excellent. The location of the hotel, i.e., being in the center of town, was very convenient and enabled us to get a feel for La Fortuna. While all of these things are important, the most important thing was the quality of the people who work at Las Colinas--friendly, knowledgeable and always willing and able to assist us. We would return to the hotel without any hesitation!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I love this hotel because it is located in La Fortuna downtown, it is very nice, it has one of the best views of the Arenal volcano, and the people who work at the hotel are some of the most friendliest and helpful people that I have ever met in Costa Rica. If you want to have a great time in La Fortuna without having to pay too much, stay at this hotel.

What do you want to see when you first wake up in La Fortuna? The volcano, right? Then, you got to stay at this hotel. You will not believe the view of the volcano.

This is the place where I stay with my family and friends every year. I love it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

If I ever come back to La Fortuna I would definitely book this hotel again. It looks like nothing from the outside but once inside it's so cute and has a beautiful upstairs terrace with lots of seating areas, greenery, and what looks like a mini produce garden bordering the sides. It's especially picturesque when you walk out in the morning and see the grounds decorated with the purple flowers that have fallen from the trees. Our room was small but we did need an extra bed so I think that was the reason it was so cramped. There's free WiFi, free breakfast, and the staff was very generous with the use of their phone at the front desk. After buying a phone card my boyfriend and his brother had a full conversation with their parents using the phone which was awesome because the mom was so worried and hadn't heard from us since we had left.

The only negative thing was that there was some kind of body odor emanating from somewhere. I found out where and why the following morning when I woke up with my face on the actual mattress breathing it all in! Gross!!! There is no mattress pad, just a fitted sheet over the mattress so everyone else's b.o. was just soaked in that mattress. My fitted sheet wasn't very fitted at all and we realized any movement cause it to loosen from the mattress easily. The humidity of the area also ensured that the odor stayed put. Blech.

Otherwise, it's a lovely place and I would definitely come back. The super nice staff also makes it worthy of return visits!

Room Tip: Our corner room with sliding door entry was unique and felt almost like a private room with balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends