“Great View!”
Review of Hotel La Fortuna

Hotel La Fortuna
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of days in early October.

The view was excellent! Arenal was close by and you could see the steam rising from the top. Amazing!

The room itself was basic and clean. The air conditioning worked, as did the shower and TV. Breakfast was included in the morning, and service was great.

When we checked out the front desk let us leave our bags there for the morning and kept them safe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked our CR travel back in May and found this hotel. The hotel staff all speak pretty good English and were extremely pleasant and gave excellent recommendations. The rooms were clean and had all the necessities we needed. It is right in town, and close to everything. In addition, the best restaurant (we think so) is less than a block away (Don Rufino's), and with decent prices. We would definitely come back to this hotel. If you want to stay in town, stay here ... oh yeah, also has A/C. :-)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

For those of us who think.... a hotel is a place to sleep and don't need all the frills of the excessively expensive resorts near the volcano should really consider staying here. I lived here in La Fortuna for 9 months and wanted for my last week (I was teaching near here) I wanted to go on some tours and VACATION. I wasn't disappointed. The staff here is great. The hotel is way nicer than I expected and the staff are absolutely the best. I feel sad leaving La Fortuna but feel happy to have been in such a great place during my final time here. Seriously if you are budget minded..... this is the hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: For some it may be important to pay the extra fee to see Arenal. Usually the volcano is clouded ove...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This isn't a "wow" hotel and it is pretty basic, but it is clean, located in the center of the action, the restaurant is good and the staff is friendly. If you are looking for a great budget hotel, this is a good option.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I found this hotel from a special and was pleased overall with the room's cleanliness but more by the staff and their service. Centrally located to everything you need and having AC is a major bonus. Restaurant and bar are available downstairs.

Room Tip: You can ask for a view of Volcano Arenal as well.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was my third trip to Arenal/Fortuna. Since I was travelling alone I decided to stay in town in order to be close to restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised by Hotel Fortuna considering the quality of the rooms and the low room rate (especially during low season). Enrique at the front desk was very helpful. I will definitely stay here my next trip to Fortuna.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was a great location if you were interested in walking about downtown La Fortuna. It is a bit of a stretch from the volcano and all of the natural hot springs, so you are going to have to cab to and from those places. There is a WIDE variety of food options located downtown and a laundry shop right across the street from the hotel with great customer service. There is a free breakfast every morning but the only down side to that is that it is located in the lobby, which can become very humid and hot as it is an open lobby. The staff is great and the rooms have good views of the volcano (rooms with views cost a bit more) at an excellent location. In my opinion, it is a great stay at a central location in La Fortuna.

Room Tip: Pay for the Volcano view, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple