“Great Place to Visit”

Arenal 1968 Park Hiking Tour with Hot Springs
$173.00*
Arenal Volcano Lava Flow Hike and Tabacón Hot Springs with Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerges from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to Tabacon twice. The pools are great. Make sure to walk some if the paths to find the smaller, private pools. Some are the size of hit tubs. A nice place to view the volcano if its erupting on this side.

There are newer reviews for Tabacon Hot Springs

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is one of the highlights of our trip. It was paradise on earth was the feeling we got; especially the Shangri-La Gardens. And to spend our Valentines Day at this facility was indeed heaven and very romantic!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited as part of a tour group to the Arenal area which included a 4 hour stay here including the buffet dinner. I got to see how 'the other half lives', including a swim up bar which I'd only seen before on TV..For the entire daytour, I paid only $15 more than walk up patrons paid....only they didn't get their transportation, lunch and visits to other attractions included.
The hot springs are very much staged into different pool areas and I saw several missteps and falls among the patrons. Be careful and wear shoes! The waters are warm but none were hot. Best spot for me was a wide cascade of water that hit you on your back and shoulders when you perch on the slippery bench beneath them.
Overall, compared to other hot springs I have sampled, this one hit me as the Las Vegas version of such resorts. Sort of like Las Vegas'... Paris, the Venetian or New York New York versions of those real cities.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited this place at night and it was fantastic to walk around and dip in the various pools in the dark. Most of the pools away from the swimming pool were very quiet and in some we were the only ones there. The place is well lit along the paths and the waterfall is exhilarating to sit under. The buffet afterwards is very good and the staff at the resort were very efficient.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked a half-day package that included lunch and the hot springs. The hot springs didn't disappoint! I think this is a must-see. The lunch was so-so and I probably would skip it next time.