WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of San Bosco Inn

San Bosco Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami Beach, Florida
“Very Good for the price BUT!!!!!Be carefull”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed there from March 4 till March 8.When I reserved my room by phone the male concierge wich I cant remember his name recomended me that because I was going with my girlfriend that I booked the double room and NOT the single one(78 USD instead the 58 USD).
Upon my arrival I discovered that he gave me a single one for more price .After I complaint he said that Nothing he cant do cause I misunderstand him even that WE had spoke in Spanish wich is my first language like him.The girl next to him was more sincere and told me that they were so full that nothing they can do.
I understood that NOT discount was available even that I arrived late on the 4th .Almost at 1000pm because the 6 hours drive from San Jose due to heavy rain.
Upset and stuck(all the good hotels in town were full) I decided it to take it.
Next day however thay accept their mistake and gave me a bigger room.
Breakfast is exelent and the housekeeping crew and breakfast people were exelent and nice.
Being most of my life in the States I tip everybody every day and U can see the diference.Hotel was full of Europeans and Argentinians wich they DONT tip at all.
Rude French people and Russians arrive second day..
On Tuesday morning I try to use the Jacuzzi before 1000 am and I was denied even that a previous employee started for me.They explained me that because Breakfast is served till 1000 am even that Nobody was having breakfast.Finally they allowed me to use the Jacuzzy.
Jacuzzy is wonderfull.Very Hot and nice the way I loved it .Nothing else I couldnt DO due to the heavy rain.
I enter the town with bad luck.I arrived on Monday 4th at 1000pm and I left town thursday 7th 800am..NON STOP RAINING.Pouring some times.Going out with taxis to lunch and dinner.Couldnt even see the Arenal Vocano.Nothing to do but swimming in the pool and be inside Jacuzzi.
Be carefull.Upon my arrival I was told by locals that was raining like that since previous Friday and When I calling on the phone from the states into all hotels in LA FORTUNA ,all employees were telling me that Weather was wonderfull and dry.
They lie about the Weather so Guest dont cancel the reservations before they arrived.
This Weather was weird because March is mostly dry in LA FORTUNA.I guess Weather all over changed now.
Bottom line is Weather in LA FORTUNA is impredictible..
Because the rain power went out Wed night for a couple hours.Imagine the hight humidity and NO air conditioning....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Well placed in town - walk to everything - friendly staff and clean, but not luxurious rooms that are a bit older but appear to be kept up. Good breakfast, property is in view of town square and the volcano. We enjoyed the hot tub in the cool evenings.

Room Tip: Our first floor room was a bit noisy due to breakfast preparation; maybe a second floor room away fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel San Bosco is just a short block from the main town square in La Fortuna. Literally a two minute walk to the heart of the city. Once on the grounds the noise of the the traffic fades completely. Quiet, peaceful, beautiful grounds. Clean rooms. The beds were too soft for my taste. The viewing deck has a great view of the Arenal volcano.

• Stayed March 2013
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is very close to town (one block off main square), making restaurant selection easy, and it's fun to sit in the town square and watch residents and travelers spending the evening, yet that one block makes the hotel quiet and serene. Our room was modest but adequate, clean, the pool was spotless and there is a viewing deck of the volcano. Tour shops are close and hotel pick-up for tours is simple. Breakfast was also good, and we liked having free wi-fi. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Good value for the money.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wegwoman
Surrey, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Located centrally in town off the main traffic route. It's a two story walk up hotel with no elevator. Service was excellent and having coffee/tea available 24/7 was a nice touch. Breakfast & WiFi included. Pool was clean and not highly chlorinated. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Being a tourist town, English is widely spoken. Don't expect a lot for this price.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank conscom
Jobstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a great experience at Hotel San Bosco. It was clean, inexpensive, and had quite an amazing view of the Arenal Volcano. Breakfast by the pool was basic, but was good and filling. The hot tub was nice to kick back in after all the hiking and exploring we had already done. Liked that it was off the main strip, but within walking distance to everything in town. Booked a kayaking tour on Lake Arenal with Jacamar Naturalist Tours. Can't say enough good things about the tour company and our guide, Edwin. The front desk arranged a taxi for us when we decided to splurge on our last night and do the touristy Baldi Hot Springs. Glad we experienced it, it was a nice relaxing way to spend our last night in the area.

Room Tip: They all seemed similar.. second floor has a better view of the volcano and a little hang out area w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Located one street back from the main downtown made it quiet at night, but close to all restaurants, tour offices, and the main bus stop. Pool and hot tub were cleaned daily. We came home each day to find awesome towel art.

Front desk booked us a full day tour through Desafio, fantastic. The free wifi worked well at our room and by the pool. Theres an included breakfast buffet which wasn't very extravagant but did the trick each morning. (Would be nice if it was open until 10 instead of 9, one morning there were no tables at 8:15 so we came back at 8:45 to find a table but buffet was almost empty)

They close the main gate around 10pm, there is a guard that watches the property all night. Always felt safe. I wouldn't think twice about staying here again. Nice place that doesn't break the bank.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor. Room had a double and single bed. Ice machine is behind the main offi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends