We stayed four nights here - my husband and our 7 year old - and it was lovely. Miguel and Carmen are fabulous hosts, the food is excellent (I highly recommend having your dinners there when possible, the food is better quality and value than anything we had in town), the grounds are gorgeous and the rooms comfortable. I highly, highly recommend it for anyone visiting the area - Miguel really goes out of his way to make your trip a great one, and it feels like home as soon as you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park