Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$86
$183
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$99
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$124
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$474
$138
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$289
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$178
$173
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$69
$66
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$81
$79
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$563
Hotels.com
All reviewsla fortunahelpful ownersrooms are basic but cleanhot springsthese cabinsevery morningthoroughly enjoyed our staymiguelwaterfallnaturewildlife
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed one night at this rustic lodge; the owner and I had very interesting discussions about the environment, the country and the world situation. We had some difficulty finding the place based upon the owner's directions; actually, we drove in the back way, which was very rough going.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I thought this place was nice. It's quiet, clean, and tucked away from all the noise of the town. You have a view of both Cerro Chato and La Arenal from the property. I didn't use the swimming pool, but the breakfast was delicious and filling. You have the option of asking to dine-in (for lunch or dinner), or you can walk to the supermarket to purchase something to eat. There are also a few Sodas nearby to grab a bite.
We stayed only a few nights, and spent most of our time hiking to the waterfalls or rafting in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 and had no troubles
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and we definitely enjoyed our time at this rustic lodge. While small, the room has everything you need. (No a/c, but the fan is enough.) The grounds are beautifully kept and the pool is just the right size.

The owner, Miguel, was very kind and hospitable. He helped us with all of our questions and assisted us in setting up all of our activities. In addition, Miguel's wife, Carmen, makes a great breakfast for only $4.

If you are looking for something extravagant, then you will want to look elsewhere. However, if you want a quiet, outdoors feel with just enough comforts and a great price, this place is for you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My friends and I stayed one night. For the price we paid, it was fine. It's in a natural setting, and it's very quiet. It was fine for a place to sleep one night, have breakfast in the morning and move on. I wouldn't want to stay here multiple nights. The rooms are small and there are no amenities. We had 2 adjacent rooms. One was buggy, the other was not. The breakfast was filling, the owner was very helpful and his wife pleasantly served breakfast. It was in the midst of a lovely area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The rooms here are decent and breakfast is included (which is amazing -- 4 stars for the breakfast), but the owner was rude and I would not go back to this place for that reason.

To make a long story short, the owner was very rude to us upon our arrival to the lodge despite the fact that the private taxi he hired failed to pick us up at the airport and we had to make other arrangements.

In addition, when we arrived (exhausted) at the lodge, the owner proceeded to argue with us about a miscommunication about a tour we booked through him. My friend wanted to do some outdoor activity/tour, but I did not, but the owner had already booked for 2 people. He proceeded to angrily tell us that we were making him lose money because he had to put a deposit down for both of us. He then told me that I would have to help him "lie" to the tour guides in the morning by telling them I was sick or in an accident and couldn't go on the tour. My friend and I were so shocked at his attitude because we had JUST arrived after a 3 hour drive, delayed flight, and failure on his part regarding the taxi that was suppose to pick us up.

The owner was civil to us for our remaining time that we were there, but despite the decent lodging and good breakfast, I would not stay there again. There are a few other lodges in the near vicinity that looked just as good as this one. I would recommend staying elsewhere to avoid the moody owner of this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends