We happened upon Cerro Chato Lodge after driving through La Fortuna and wanting to be a little off the beaten path. This lovely property has a pool, cabins, hammocks and a stunning view of the Arenal Volcano. We came without a reservation and got a room for two nights for a family of three. ($57 with breakfast, $45 without) The front desk has beer and soda for sale, and a strip of sodas, restaurants and a grocery store is about 1km away. We noticed that everybody walked, so we did too. We had a lovely, peaceful time there in our simple room. Mostly we sat on the porch, lounged in the hammock and then went to see the sights. Breakfast was delicious, by the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park