We stayed for three nights in a "Superior" room (they also have "Standard" and "Deluxe") - Superior gets volcano view and a lockbox in the room (compared to Standard). The grounds were lovely, the various thermal pools were clean and rarely crowded, and the on-site restaurant provided good food at reasonable (for a resort) prices. Breakfast buffet was above average - good selections and plentiful choices.
On the managing expectations front, the rooms are basic and somewhat spartan. Everything works and is in acceptable condition, just feels a bit out-of-date and in need of a facelift. The thermal pools are not hot (as compared to the ones at Baldi, for example), but are still refreshing. Once we adjusted our expectations, this became one of our favorite places of the whole trip. Easy 5 minute drive into La Fortuna for better selection of restaurants, groceries, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park