Before going to this hotel one should realize that it is 2* place and don't ask for too much while having high expectations. This is good location for short stay in Arenal area where 2 full days are more than enough to scroll around. Most rooms are in semi-detached bungalows some of which are facing the forest, which is very nice. Rooms are big with good size bathrooms.
The cleaningness needs to be improved, however. I requested to change our bed linens as they were dirty, can you believe this ? The same for temperature control in the rooms. Ours were really cold.
Water in bathroom was really cold, and there is nothing you can do about it.
But it is nothing special for CR as most people come here for adventure, not luxury type of vacation. Still not acceptable.
The food they serve for breakfast is good enough for 2*-3* place, so are the the dishes in 2 reastaurants. Restaurants are expensive , but it is nothing new for CR. Really nothing special to rave about, just average food. Considering that CR has not too many places with decent cuisine and almost no national food, it is acceptable.
Pools with hot spring water are very nice, especially those located upstream where watter is hotter.
Staff is somewhat helpfull and polite ( especially when it comes to selling you different tours :-) ), not like in most Mexican resorts, though.
So, all in all, this place is very decent for its price as we saw many locations in CR which were by far more expensive but delivered worse experience than this.
Recommended for mid-range budget travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park