The free breakfast was pretty good but that's about it. As the last reviewer says, the hotel pretends to be something it's not. We ventured into its 'hot springs' which were neither very hot or very clean. In fact I felt like I was lying in a dirty garden centre fish pond. We had a standard room which was not very clean, small and worn looking. We then had a problem with our door, which the hotel were very slow to try and fix. They did upgrade us but the 'superior room' was still very basic and tired. And not overly clean. A sliding window was broken, the hair dryer melted and we were joined by 2 geckos who had got in thanks to the bad build quality. The volcano views are mixed depending on where you end up. Okay though, weather permitting. The hotel is a short drive from anywhere else. Would not recommend it, especially after visiting Baldi Hot Springs which was lovely. Well worth paying a little more in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park