My family and I have stayed at this resort perhaps 10 times over the last 15 years. The physical location is incredible with a great view of the volcano. The landscaping of the resort is beautiful and lush. We have only stayed in superior rooms so I cannot speak to the standard rooms. The superior rooms are small but adequate cabins with front porches (roofed and glass enclosed) that face towards the volcano, which combined with the great landscaping gives a beautiful view and a great place to relax and enjoy nature. The rooms are furnished with 2 full or possibly queen beds, a small refrigerator, a tv and closet. The resort has a beautiful cascading series of soaking pools with hot water from beneath the volcano, culminating with a cool water swimming pool and a very warm pool with a swim up bar at the bottom. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and accommodating . We had dinner at the restaurant which was pricy but very good. In my opinion, the casados ( typical meals of the day) are the best deal going. The dinner buffet was $21 and entrees were more, I had a casado con pescado ( meal of the day with fish) for $11 and it was terrific. The breakfast buffet was adequate but of less quality than in years past. As an example, in past years they have offered an omelette bar and also had yogurt and granola with their fruits. This year there was no omelette bar nor granola and yogurt. My observation is that the owners have put very little into capital improvements ( TV,s, bedspreads , etc. are all very dated) and they seemed to have made an intentional shift towards attracting more Costa Rican nationals (whom I love) by keeping room rates low, which may explain why they have cut back on some formerly offered touches and have not spent much money on keeping the rooms and furnishings contemporary. Overall it was still a great stay and we enjoyed it, but the trend is going down and at this rate I don't know if I can recommend the resort to others, particularly since there are more and more competing resorts of higher quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park