We opted for a more resort hotel here at Arenal Paraiso after staying at a nearby hotel in central La Fortuna. We liked that Arenal Paraiso had its own hot springs and the grounds looked beautiful. We were paying $30 more per night than we had been at the previous hotel so, we were looking forward to an upgrade.
Unfortunately, the rooms left much to be desired and the room they booked us in was quite a walk from the main reception area and the restaurant. I asked them to place us in a closer cabina but, the friendly staffer told me there weren't any available. However, after complaining about the noise level from our neighbors next door about 1 hour later, they did move us to another cabina closer to reception (ahhemmm.. this is what I asked for initially) that same night. I took a cold shower as there was no hot water and had to call the staff to help turn the water off as it kept dripping.
The restaurant on-site seemed to have a good selection of food but, it was WAY overpriced and totally out of our budget. It's at least a $10 taxi ride to the nearby town of La Fortuna so unless you're going to eat in the restaurant the whole time be prepared to thrown down some $ for taxi rides if you don't have your own transportation (which I'd recommend).
The buffet breakfast spread varied but, considering the restaurant is an open air room, I would have preferred for them to cover the majority of the food as there were bugs and such landing and flying around the food. Additionally, the banana bread looked great but, there were ants crawling all over them so I didn't try it.
We left later that day to return to our previous accommodations in the town of La Fortuna, which also had a great view of the volcano. I think this place has a lot of potential as the grounds are beautiful but, it needs a bit of work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park