Our first time to Costa Rica which we loved, had a fantastic trip! This hotel however had nothing but problems.... We are a family of 5 with 2 teenagers and a 9 year old so we had two superior rooms which were like dinghy cabins in need of some updating. We were there for 3 nights and after the first night of being separated into 2 cabins and no hot water in one of the units and the others toilet not working we upgraded to a family suite which we paid $100 more for....it was nicer with 2 adjoining rooms, living room and small kitchen with refrigerator but once again fridge never got cold, only one toilet worked, no cold water for the master bathroom so water was scolding hot which meant we were all once again using 1 shower and 1 toilet in our 2 bedroom 2 bath family suite. Our lock to the front door didn't work and we must of had to go to the front desk at least 5 times to get new keys or they had to come let us in.... So many problems for such a short stay, would never stay here again! They were very friendly at the front desk and would send someone to fix things immediately but who wants all that, you just want things to work! They said its because its off season and the places aren't checked for awhile so until someone's in them they are unaware of the problems.... I hope this is helpful to someone when researching and if I were to go back would not be staying here! There's soo- many places to choose from and Costa Rica is worth enjoying but pick another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park