The room is really bad for the price. It is clean and spacious, with a really nice view of the volcano, but these are the only good things I have to say about it. There was no hot water in the shower (the hottest we could get was just lukewarm and it was changing to icy cold periodically and I had to step out of the shower and wait for it to change back to lukewarm. I called the front desk and complained, they sent a maintenance guy who tried to tell us something but he didn't speak English, so I had to call the front desk to get some translation. They ultimately told us that this is as warm as it gets and hang up. To be fair, I believe they have solar-only water heaters and the weather was ugly for the 3 days we were there - very cloudy and rainy, so there wasn't enough sun to power the water heaters. If you are lucky to have nice and sunny weather, you probably won't have this problem, but hey, for $105 per night, I'd expect hot water year round...
Among other annoying things - there absolutely no hangers/hooks in the shower to hang towels, wet clothes, etc. Since it is always very humid in Arenal, it is problematic enough to dry your swim suits and other clothes, more so if you have nowhere to hang them.
The breakfast was decent, but uninspiring.
The biggest disappointment was the hot spring pools. They are very small (jacuzzi size), and could be nice for just two people, but since there are only few really hot ones, they get crowded. So if sharing the tiny pool with a bunch of loud German retirees is not your idea of a romantic soak, you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park