As the title suggests-
it was good.
Pros: hotel property is beautiful, nice to have hot springs right there, the bartenders at the pool bar were very nice.A/C worked well. Delicious breakfast and Plato tipicos at the restaurant.
Cons: SO far from town. You will spend
at a minimum 5k colones, or $10 at the least, to get into town. The hot springs were lukewarm. Hotel staff seemed to be annoyed by having to do their jobs.
At the end of the day, I would recommend staying in la fortuna and using your money for a trip to baldi or tabacon.
The other thing the Internet and guidebooks did not say was that the volcano is currently
dormant. Nothing much to see from the resort at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park