The hotel campus is huge, way larger than I thought it would be. The views were great. The hotel room was a bit small, as was the TV inside the room (maybe 19''). We did really enjoy the little porch and those comfortable chairs. The food was ok, nothing special. The price of the food and drinks in the gift shop were very expensive ($3.00 for a soft drink, and $2.00 for a bottle of water). I would advice anyone to stop before you get to the hotel, and buy your own drinks (beer, soft drinks, water, etc) and skip buying stuff on the resort.
The hot springs were a nice touch (don't be turned off by the water color). There were many different springs, with many different temps., it was neat.
The hotel seems nice, we didn't have that much interaction with them (which I guess is good).
Overall, I enjoyed the resort, but found the room a bit small and the food/drinks to be expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park