Flew to Arenal with Nature Air from Quepos. Plane held 19.A very stoney runway was landed on.Stayed in Los Lagos Hotel which was a combination of small houses around the Arenal volcano.Adequate with a good view of the volcano which was covered with cloud that disappeared a little to allow us a quick view of the summit. Ther was a few shops in the complex and a large restaurant area for food.Veery good buffet breakfast accompanied with the feeding of humming birds around the edge of the canopy.Good pools and warm pool bar. Pleasant to walk around the garden and watsh fish and crocodiles. Went ATVing up to the waterfall.( excellent guide) Venado caves, about 45 kilometres away, were investigated. This guide was something else and we were well looked after. Be prepared to get down, wet and muddy. A shower is needed after. This was well worth a visit. Thermal pools, heateed by the volcano. at Balnearnio Tabacon with dinner at night is a must. Taxis were cheap to La Fortuna where we had a meal at Rancho La Cascado recommended by Rough Guide. It was here at a Travel place recommended by Rough Guide that we organised our tours- turn left from the taxi stand and continue down the street. The girl was having something to eat but nothing was any bother.
Tripadvisor Member Lurgan N. ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park