Check-in was quick and easy. The desk staff was helpful with planning activities to do in the area. Upon entering our room, we noticed a strong "urine" odor (the resort allows pets, so we think that might be the cause of the odor). After turning on the air and leaving the door open a bit, the smell faded so it turned out ok. The room was large and clean, as was the bathroom. The grounds are amazing (definately the best part of the resort)! The crocodile farm and gardens surrounding were great! We were a little disappointed because the pool (with the huge waterslide) is closed for repair right now - however, the hot spring pool was still open so we settled for that. Overall, it was a good value for the price, and we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park