Just spent 2 nights here as part of 10 night Costa Rica trip.Unfortunately, it poured most of the time.Despite this, we had a good time and decided to soak in the hot springs.Fab!Very relaxing after some busy days in Monteverde and Tortuguera. About 5 smaller pools like the flintstones, set out on a path going uphill, then a large pool with a slide at the bottom which was hotter than a bath!This had a pool bar-beer at $3 and cocktails at $7 which seems par for the course.Also 2 smaller ordinary water pools with slides-great fun for the kids or adults.Lovely restaurant, open to the elements but not cold.Breakfasts very good -freshly made eggs anyway you want and pancakes, plus fresh fruit. cereal, cold meat.cheese etc..Some rooms are quite a distance if you don't have a car-we didn't, but when it was pouring, we phoned for the minibus to fetch and take us back and this was no problem.The lunch prices in restaurant were particularly reasonable. Rooms large and clean but when it was busy we could hear a fair bit of sound from the adjacent/underneath rooms.Not a problem the first night because it was not a weekend.There is a 2km walk from the hotel to a viewpoint-we tried, but it came to rain and we saw nothing, but we did hear the volcano!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park