We spent two days here on the 9th &10th of Feb. and I have to say this was a great place. Our room was the last one up the hill on the left which was a hike. Fortunately we had a car but the hotel shuttle looked like a great option and it was up and down every couple of minutes. Our room was so so, it was clean and had an open air porch with a small view. We awoke bothe mornings to howler monkeys, roosters and doves that all seemed to start making lots of noise at 5:30 AM. No sleeping in in Costa Rica! The grounds of the entire hotel are spectacular and they even have a walk through nature path / zoo complete with a butterfly enclosure, crocs, frogs and tropical fish. tThe walkway up and down the hot spring pools was lighted and a pleasure to stroll through. The warm pool has a wet bar and water slides which we spent time at in the evenings. All drinks were great except the margaritas which they could not seem to get right. We sent it back and ordered the other drinks. Breakfast and dinners were in an open air patio and the service was outstanding. Our waiter, Alexandra was well versed in customer service. The amazing thing was he was our waiter in the evenings as well as at 6 a.m. breakfast. He always was working. Even though tips are included in the pricing we gave this guy a $20.00 bill on the side which by the way is a grand amount by their standards.
One point I should mention, the biting insects are brutal. Biting black flys and no see ums would actualy draw blood. I recomend bringing and using bug repellant in this area. By the end of my Costa Rican trip I looked like a chicken pox patient.
From this resort we went to Sky Trek which is the best Zip line there with a tram ride to the top above the canopy.
The Volcano cleared on the day of our zip line and was a spectacular sight. The volcano was active with smoke and lava rock rolling down.
As was said in another review, the lava action was not seen from this hotel it is now on the back side which they dont tell you. However a short ride down the road at night and if it is clear you will enjoy the volcano view.
In conclusion, our room was not so good but everything else was an A+.
Have fun here and dont forget the bug spray!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park