My wife and I stayed here for two nights in Jan 2014 in a superior standard room ( #228 actually).The service we received was absolutely first class, and we had a difficult experience 9 of my making!) which really tested the hotel's management and all the staff.
I stayed too long in the hot pool --far too long -- and despite not drinking any alcohol i had a hypotensive episode that made me pass out when I got out of the hot pool.!! the hotel staff were on top of the situation at once and an ambulance arrived within minutes! The emergency physician attending with the ambulance ( Dr G Rivera)was an extremely competent young physician, and had me appropriately assessed within minutes of getting there ( including an ECG cutaneous monitoring etc).As a retired pathologist , I was extremely impressed by the efficiency and smooth operation of the attending ambulance staff and Dr Rivera, which rivalled any that i could expect to receive anywhere else in the world. I was assessed and stabilized and I did not need to go to hospital . The hotel management were extremely attentive , both at the time of the incident and afterwards -- and we were treated like valued members of the family , with great courtesy , and genuinely interested enquiries after my progress etc. The Hotel manager at the time of the incident, Mr Luis Ramirez, could not have been more attentive -- and whenever we saw him , asked if he could help, and did help us get in touch with our travel agent.Luis ramirez had been advised to make sure that i had ample fluids and fruit --and a large basket of fresh fruit arrived unasked for on our doorstep that evening!
Leaving aside our experience, for a moment , the hotel has a superb setting , great gardens,excellent rooms, efficient and prompt shuttle services to and from the Main Reception area and the rooms, numerous small gardens that cater to butterfly lovers, naturalists etc and a superb view of the Arenal volcano --when it is not covered in cloud! The restaurant has a good selection of very edible meals, served with quiet style. There is in fact a very positive sense of pride in the establishment , that appears to be shared by all the staff.
How much did my experience cost me ? Nothing-- the hotel accepted the cost , even though it was my poor judgement that caused the problem.
I was well enough managed to be able to go "zip -lining" and tarzan jumping in the monteverde area later on the same trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park