We stayed at Los Lagos June 2013 for a week and enjoyed every moment. My kids absolutely loved the water slides. They are unlike anything in the US. They have two slides that dump into the cold water springs and one that dumps into the big hot springs pool that has the swim up bar. Free breakfast buffet was great...the kids and my husband ate a ton and then we headed to the pool for some relaxation or onto an excursion. The sun didn't come out too often, but that's too be expected for June. The bugs were manageable with bug spray. I'm usually a HUGE mosquito magnet and I didn't get a single bite as long as I used the spray. That's even with going to the hanging bridges, going on a safari float, and zip lining in the rainforest. There was so much to do there! Our room was up high in the hills so we used the hotel shuttle a lot to go back and usually walked down on our own in the morning. We had a view of the volcano which was awesome when the visibility allowed you to see it. We did have some issues with these huge flying insects in our room especially after a rain storm. They started coming out of the TV, but they didn't bother us. My husband and kids hiked a little closer to the volcano one night. The shuttle was typically prompt...there were a couple times we waited 15-20 minutes. We had dinner several times in the hotel's restaurant and it was quite good. Our waiter was awesome! We would stay here again in a heart beat....it's now become the standard to which my kids hold all other hotels to especially when it comes to the water slides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park