This time around we stayed for 2 nights and as part of a group of 9 people. The kids really enjoyed the slides, warm water and the area with the wildlife. Other than the wet bar, everything is very decently priced. The girls enjoyed an amazing spa package at the spa (those ladies really know what they are doing and you receive your treatment in a room that opens into the rainforest!) and we had a fun time riding up on horses to the closest observation area for the volcano.
This time around, however, we were put into the cabins closer to the horse stables. While they are very clean and it was nice to sit out late into the night for a large group of people (lights out for the whole resort around 11.30pm), they were a little less nicer than the superior room that we had the last time and the doors had big cracks around them so all sorts of insects got in.
We were here on the weekend and there was a lot of locals, which we do not at all mind, but we did not enjoy the wetbar service as it seemed that the bartender made sure that everyone else was served before we were, regardless of who arrived first.
The breakfast buffet, which was included, was small but good and the service attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park