We booked through an Ecoterra package that sent us to do a slew of activities all at the Los Lagos Resort. We were anxious and nervous about the quality of the activities since they were all onsite but we pleasantly surprised.
Horseback riding was a guided tour through some rainforest and dryer sides of the volcano. We stopped by an area in which we saw some wild turkeys and a sloth! Our guide was great! He even brought along water for us.
Zip-lining was awesome! We've been before in Mexico but these were way better! Pretty high up and above the trees. Guides were also great and offered to do "superman" poses if you wanted to. 13 cables total.
Hotsprings were nice but standard. I'd still go check out Tabacon for a true hot spring resort.
Restaurant onsite: lunch from the menu was pretty good actual. Dinner buffet was TERRIBLE. That I would not recommend.
Overall, great activities onsite with a decent restaurant (minus buffet). I'd consider staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park