There five adults and two children (7& 4) we stayed in the villa and it was a very nice place and had beautiful views in every direction. The resort was very family friendly all you had to do was call the front desk and they would send a shuttle to pick you up and take you to the pool. They actually had several pools. Some were regular pool water and some hot springs. The hot spring pool had a swim up bar with several stools available for seating. The resort was very well maintained and a beautiful place to stay. They even had there own look out point at which you could drive up to (4 wheel drive recommended) and view the Arenal volcano. The food was not the best and since there were so many of us we did order a wide variety so we felt like we had a pretty good since of the quality. We found several SODA's (restaurants in Costa Rica) that had much better food so the only time we ate there was the first night we arrived. Several slides in the pools that the 7 year old grand son absolutely loved. I think that might have been his favorite part of the entire vacation. The location was good just a few minute drive in one direction and we were at La Fortuna where there were several things to do and in the other direction was the hanging bridges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park