Incredibly relaxing place, 3 swimming pools, 4 springs, waterfalls, excellent views of the volcano, private overlook 2.5k hike away.
In La Fortuna, you either stay in town and get transportation to the waterfall / cerro chato / hot springs or you stay at a resort that is out of town and get transportation to the waterfall / cerro chato, but have hot springs on the property. I'd go for option 2 if it's in budget. Otherwise you're doing day passes and paying for cabs, or skipping the hot springs (not advisable).
The property is amazingly nice, and clean and you walk in and are like..Woah. This is amazing. Fish tanks with fish everywhere. Guarded property. The pools are great - the pool that walks up to the bar is heated (OMG). Everything looks so pretty. There's private places to hang out.
The restaurant on the property is a little pricey and just...decent, but you're not here for the food. The rooms are nice enough. Not the greatest beds, but there are flatscreen TVs. Wifi is only in the restaurant, lobby or bar, which is enough, even for an internet junkie like me
It's great for:
Families with kids - waterslides, pool side hanging out
Groups of people travelling together - girls trip, bachelorette party
Couples - very romantic hot springs
Solo travellers who are looking for peace and to get a relaxing vacation away from it all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park