A lot of money has been invested to create remarkable gardens and features on this property. At first glance one begins to think you have been transported to a tropical "Flinstones" set, but moving past all the man-formed rocks, alcoves and stone paths, it is impossible not to value the effort that has gone into designing and maintaining these grounds.
The restaurant is good, but pricey, so if you do not have your own transportation, count on full meals costing $40 per person.
Do not use the laundry service unless clean, damp, clothes simply tossed in a bag for return is what you expect. And there are no ironing boards available to use the iron that will be provided if requested.
The various hot and cold pools are a feature here. You will see beautiful birds during breakfast. They will sit right by your table.
Don't be too worried if you do end up in a room up the hill. The shuttle service is incredibly efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park