We had booked through Jet Set Vacations (travelbyjen.com) after a promotion on Travelzoo. We had problems with the rental from Thrifty - it took them well over an hour to release our previously booked and paid for vehicles to us. We ended up driving in the dark to the hotel on rather treacherous roads so it was a nail biting experience to get to the hotel. If we were to do it again, we would book a shuttle from the airport since if you do go off property, the tour operators will pick you up at your hotel.
As indicated by previous posters, the hotel rooms are basic but large. Our friends found their first hotel room to have a strong moldy odour, so they requested and received a transfer to another room. We found the hotel staff to be helpful throughout our visit. The fellow in the restaurant who served us our morning coffee and hot chocolate for the kids was popular with our group! Patios at the front and back entrances allowed us to take in the beautiful scenery around us. It was interesting that you have to call reception to have a coffee package (the usual fake milk, sugar, and coffee kit) delivered at a $1 cost. The breakfasts were excellent. We had lunch at the pool bar one day - expensive and not good. The dinner pricing was expensive so we ate in town - there are many options for less costly and far better food. Most of the rooms arent close to the restaurants and pool so one can shuttle or take a 10 minute walk to and from the rooms. We enjoyed the hot springs on site and also took the canopy tour. Overall the hotel was a good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park