The great -
The hot springs are amazing. The temperatures are different in each area, so make sure you check out the farther ones out that are hottest.
The resort is close to the mountain where you can hike up to the observation deck. There is horseback riding there as well, or you can just hike up there and see horses hanging out...
The really good -
The customer service is excellent, and the food at the restaurant is very good. The steaks are great. The beer of choice is Imperial or Pilzen...have both!
The resort does a great job of setting up excursions for you....take advantage! My wife and I did the ATV and horse back riding.
The okay -
When it rains, you can really hear it because the roofs are made of metal or steel....very loud.
I loved the fact that the resort had a lot of locals, but there were too many kids for my taste!
Great resort....will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park