We had a package that included a rental car, so after a very long commute from Toronto, and a very windy, FOGGY ride up and down through the mountains, we finally arrived at Hotel Los Lagos, and were ready for a good night's rest. We continued to recharge at the hearty breakfast buffet, and in short order we were zip lining through the rain forest! our friend lost her luggage for the 1st day and a half, and the front desk was quite helpful in letting us use the phone at length without charge and translating when needed. It really seemed that everything you would want was at your doorstep, multiple hot thermal pools + hot tub water slide? check. Beautilful hike up to the lookout point for the Arenal volcano? check. (btw, be adventurous, we found a trail that led us to the water at the base of the volcano and had a refreshing swim) Free internet in the lobby? check. Aligator, butterfly, frog, ant farm?? Check, check, check, check! Honestly, the experience of being at a wet bar in a thermal pool after a hike up to the volcano, sipping a pina colada in a pineapple, all the while watching the sun set over the dual peaks of the Arenal volcano is something I will not soon forget...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park