Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$86
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
$180
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
$258
$183
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$169
$92
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$170
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
$92
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$99
$95
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$109
$77
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$563
All reviewstennis courtsbutterfly gardensoccer fieldhuge iguanassan carlosbird feederstwo storeybalcony overlooking the groundscosta ricariver runningla fortunaarenal volcanoextensive groundsswimming pool and jacuzzigreat wildlifeexotic birdstour group
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This was my first trip to Costa Rica so I really didn't know what to expect. I flew into San Jose, and my first thought was "OMG, what did I do?" I was not impressed to say the least. Fortunetly my second stop was at the Tilajari Resort!!! After about a three and a half hour drive from San Jose I was more than ready for what the Tilajari had to offer. I found my room to be spacious and clean, with very comfortable beds. The pool is large with the bar and hot tub just a few steps away. The grounds are a tropical garden with star fruit trees, coconut palms, and a variety of tropical flowers and shrubs. The restaurant is open air, and the food is very good, and reasonably priced. The entire resort staff were very friendly, and ready to share advice, and information regarding area attractions. I would have no problem at all staying here again and would certainly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My sister in law and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of Gate 1's fly and drive package. The grounds are lovely, well taken care of, with many of the plants marked. Our room was large, clean, and well equipped, located in a quiet area overlooking the river. We didn't hear any noise from the other rooms. A/C worked well, comfortable beds, nice bathroom. The restaurant was very good and well priced. Try a sour sop juice drink! Inexpensive and delicious. As was noted in other reviews, they feed the birds at breakfast and it's quite a sight. Our waiter even pointed out an alligator in the river. There are tennis courts, a butterfly pavilion, gift shop, fitness center, outdoor pool, and hot tub. We was lots of wildlife, toucans, lizards, and lots of birds. Great, friendly staff. It's about 45 minutes to the volcano, if I were to go back, I'd like to stay somewhere where you can see the lava at night. Otherwise Tilajari is a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank COgal7
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Stayed here as part of a tour, THe room was clean and well servived. The location was great with lawns going down to the river, wildlife everywhere. Take your camera to breakfast, the staff feed the birds and they put on a great show for the diners.
The food was very good and not too expensive. Very friendly staff.
A well managed establishment.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank glanstead
Reviewed January 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Tilajari Resort for 3 nights from 12/25 - 12/28. Overall, we both liked the resort and enjoyed our stay. The best part of the resort was the restaurant. I am a bit of a picky eater and I was very impressed by the quality of the food that their restaurant served. The prices were very reasonable as well. Being that there was nothing located around the resort, I had no choice but to eat all my meals there. But even so, I found myself enjoying every dish I ordered and it would leave me thinking of what I should order for my next meal. The free breakfast that was included was good as well. The staff at the resort and the restaurant were also very impressive. They were all very friendly, polite, and courteous. They always greeted us with smiles and made us feel welcomed. The grounds of the entire resort were very well kept. All of the landscaping was beautiful and they also had a lot wildlife in the resort that kept it close to nature. We also booked a volcano tour with hot springs through the resort which we both really enjoyed. The tour guide, Humberto, was very nice and very knowledgable. His english was perfect and his knowledge of Costa Rica and it's history really impressed me.
As for the negative comments: The rooms of the resort were all very clean, but needs a lot of updating. Everything in the room were a bit dated, but still functional. As for the location of the resort, there is really no tourist attractions near the hotel. Every time we want do something in La Fortuna, we would have to take a 25 minute cab ride that cost us $35 each way. Having to pay $70 each time I leave the hotel kept us from exploring all that Arenal had to offer.
Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our stay at this resort and the staff at the hotel really made our stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jetvr6
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Our stay at this hotel was part of a Gate 1 Travel fly/drive package. Our itinerary listed this hotel as being in Arenal, so that's where we drove to...the town of Arenal, which is on the northwest end of Arenal Lake. Once we got there and could not find the hotel, we called and learned that they were actually in Muelle, east of La Fortuna, an hour's drive away. So be aware that it's a good thirty kilometers to the Arenal volcano, and you won't have any chance at a view of the volcano from this location. Also, there's nothing else much around and you will need a car if you want to explore the area.

That being said, this place was simply GREAT! Everything....the staff, the food, the grounds, and the room, was excellent. The room was spacious and had a wonderful balcony view of the river. The grounds were carefully maintained and expansive. They maintain their own butterfly pavillion which you can ask the front desk to see. There's all kinds of wildlife around, and one of the most entertaining times of our trip was the hour we spent at the breakfast buffet where the staff had put out fruit rinds on the trees, which attracted parrots, hummingbirds, and what seemed like a hundred other types of birds. A Jesus Christ lizard even dropped by.!

This was an excellent base camp for explorations of the area. It's designed as a conference center, but since there was no conference taking place when we were there, they seemed to sell their unused rooms to tour companies, so it would be worth your while to give them a call and see if you can work out a deal on a room because they may be willing to bargain.

There's free internet in the reception kiosk too.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple