Tilajari is a member's Club and Conference Centre, as well as operating as a hotel. At the weekend holiday time there were more members present than during the week, but the place never seemed crowded. The grounds are well maintained, although the "medicinal garden" and "butterfly house" areas seemed sadly neglected. The site is good for wild-life. Bird feeders outside the restaurant give close views of several species of tanager, together with some very large iguanas. Sloths inhabit many of the trees, and armadillos are said to frequent the football pitch (although I didn't see any). It was also very pleasant to sit by the pool, sipping one of their excellent cocktails, whlist watching vultures soar overhead. The rooms are comfortable and well serviced, and the large walk-in showers have plenty of room for two. Free WiFi is available (notionally only near reception but in reality over much of the central area) There is a large but unchanging menu at both lunch and dinner, and a well-stocked bar. Many local excursions can be arranged, but the area is also good just for walking locally by the river. The resort is a half hour walk (along a fairly busy road) from the settlement of Muelle, which hosts a Rodeo and Fair twice a year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park