This resort could belong to any of the chains. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that it looks very corporate and standardized. We actually enjoyed this bit of what was luxury for us in the middle of our trip.
We rejuvinated in the a/c in a very comfortable bed, watched a Turner Classic Movie on TV, took long, hot showers, sat on our balcony overlooking the river watching the birds as they started their day at 5:30am, walked the grounds to see the iguanas, squirrels, and birds.
We enjoyed the open air restaurant (we had to ask to have our ceiling fan restarted one evening), but had to be persuasive to be seated along the perimeter where the groups sit rather than up front (away from the birds). We found the staff very attentive and helpful, just a bit overwhelmed the night the tour groups were ordering off the menu. We then checked the board to see what the group's dinnertime was for the next night to avoid.
The breakfast buffet was great. The dinner food was good quality, but dishes varied in their taste and when an item was ordered two nights in a row it was totally different each time. Especially good were the cream of tomato soup and chicken entrees. The fish was salty (not by nature) and the sauce was better than the entree.
Front desk staff and drivers helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park