4,038 results
All reviews hot springs los tucanes shangri la gardens orchid room hotel guests unlimited access day pass honeymoon suite costa rica rainforest suite open to the public private area swim up bar buffet dinner couples massage arenal volcano star resort
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were upgraded to a suite, which was amazing and which we will always do in the future. Beautiful place, fabulous staff, wonderful restaurants, amazing spa, and the Hot Springs are nature loved and made even more glorious. I'm so glad we decided to splurge here.

Room Tip: Go for the best you can afford - it's all amazing, but the suite was wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2018, traveled with friends
Community M, Manager at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The entrance of food or drinks from outside the property is not allowed in our resort however we have an incredible wet bar so you can enjoy a drink or a fantastic snack while you are in a thermal pool directly heated by the Arenal Volcano We have national, international beers and even our own craft beers produced in the area of Alajuela We appreciate your comment and hope to serve you in the future.

Gerente General

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Treat yourself to a slice of heaven and stay at Tabacon! You will want at least 3 to 4 nights here in order to enjoy the lush grounds of this gorgeous property. I truly can not even begin to adequately describe the beauty of the natural hot springs, surrounded by magnificent plants, flowers, wild life in the trees, and all in a serene setting that feels very private. As you walk the little pathways twisting and turning through the gardens you will find hot springs, water falls, and little pools to unwind in after a busy day of touring. There is a private area just for hotel guests with a small bar, lounge chairs and sun beds. People not staying in Tabacon can buy a day pass to enjoy the hot springs, but they are not allowed in this private retreat. There is a pool with a swimming up bar, and a water slide. And yes, the water in the pool comes from the natural hot springs so it stays perfectly warm and does not need chemicals as it is changed out daily. There is a spa that is true luxury. As you relax and prepare for your treatment, you are offered a delicious smoothy type drink and fruit. I had a massage with honey that was outstanding! The massage room was outdoors with only a roof, but was very private as it had "natural" walls of thick jungle plantings. During my massage, I relaxed to the sounds of birds and babbling water as a small river must have been flowing nearby. The rooms are very large, with the standard size being the size of a suite in any other hotel. The room is beautifully appointed with everything you need, from robes and slippers, to a coffee/tea maker, a mini bar, a safe, iron, and so much more. The bathroom was huge with a 2 person walk in shower and double sinks. In my room, an Orchid room, it had a living room area with a sliding glass door that opened to the plantings outside that made me feel like I had my own personal garden. I had the opportunity to eat in the restaurants for several meals and all were absolutely delicious! Both the drinks and meals were all gourmet. The breakfast offers so many types of items, from lots of fresh tropical fruits, juices, hot dishes from eggs to heartier offerings, along with a made to order egg station. Everything I tried was wonderful. I hope I get the opportunity to go back to Tabacon! Worth every penny and a value for all you get with your stay here! It makes a luxurious home base for enjoying the Arenal Volcano area.

• Stayed: November 2018, traveled with friends
4  Thank Laura W
Community M, Gerente at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Tabacon. We are glad to read the had the opportunity of serving and that you enjoyed your time with us. It's great to know you enjoyed everything! we appreciate your detail review and hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

My husband and I purchased the one day passes to the Thermal Spa and we were absolutely amazed at how beautiful this place was! The day pass included a three course lunch at the resort's restaurant. The customer service was on point and the food was delicious! We had a wonderful experience and it was worth every dime. We would absolutely return when visiting Costa Rica.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's wonderful to know everything was on point during your visit. We appreciate your detail review and hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

I cannot recommend Tabacón highly enough. The rooms are immaculate, quiet, well-appointed and lovely. I had an Orchid Room... view to the volcano, even though it was shy when I was there, as well as tropical hummingbird-attracting flora. Breakfast was fantastic: a huge buffet with an omelet station, fresh local fruit and juices, cheeses & meats and local hot specialties (do NOT miss the "chorreadas" - fresh corn batter waffles). The hot springs... WOW. The hot water streams, pools and small waterfalls are seemingly endless surrounded by stunning landscaping. You really feel like you're on Fantasy Island. The only thing better than the springs at Tabacón is the on-site spa, which is beautiful and so relaxing from start to finish. Laura gave me one of the best massages I've ever had... of course, the open-air but totally private jungle setting helps! To a person, the staff and management were top notch. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for volcano view if available.
  • Stayed: November 2018, traveled solo

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Tabacon. We are glad to read you loved your visit and that you enjoyed our facilities and services. At the same time, it's great to read you had a wonderful time at The Spa. We appreciate your review and hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

We only stayed one night since this is not a cheap hotel but the unique thermal river heated by the volcano made is very worth while. The room we had was the cheapest but proved to be very comfortable indeed. Service was very attentive and we cannot fault the friendly and personal approach they take to all guests.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
Community M, Gerente at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Hello Happiness36519923620,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Tabacon. We are glad to read you had a 5 star visit and that you enjoyed all our services and facilities as well as the friendly service of all our collaborators. We appreciate your review and hope to host you again in the near future.