Just returned from 2 week trip for our Honeymoon.
Agree with the other posts:
Bed's a little unfomfortable
Breakfast buffet quiet good
Drinks overpriced (I felt like I was back in NYC)
Great views of the volcano
Here are some hints if you stay here:
There is a tiki bar at the Hot Springs area kind of toward the back and away from everything. They have happy hour in the evening (I think 5-9) Buy one drink and the next is only $1. They also have a BBQ Chef who will grill up very tasty kabobs for $9. Cheap and I liked this better than the fancier meal we had at the main resturant the night before.
Volcano viewing: Our room had a wonderful view of the volcano and a Sofa with a pull out bed. We set up our couch to face the volcano and slept on the pull out bed. It was a lot of fun watching the glowing rocks fall down the side of the volcano. (as someone mentioned before, the beds are not that comfortable, so we did not compromise on sleep by using the pull out sofa)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park