Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa
$213
$201
Hotels.com
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$465
$138
  • Breakfast included
Casa Luna Hotel & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$101
$85
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lavas del Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
$200
$85
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$146
Hotels.com
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$172
$92
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$137
$110
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
Hotels.com
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$468
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$103
$86
3,780 results
All reviewslos tucaneshot springsshangri la gardensorchid roomhotel guestsunlimited accesshoneymoon suitecosta ricarainforest suiteopen to the publicday passswim up barprivate areabuffet dinnercouples massagearenal volcanostar resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2006

We stayed at the Tabacon for 2 nights in Nov. 2004. It had to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. We arrived at the hotel late at night and could see the lava stream down the Arenal Volcano! Breathtaking! One of the advantages is the free entry to the hot-springs. Each water pool varies in temperature and depth which made it a great palce to relax. I also had one of the best mud wraps and hot stone massages of my life!!! I loved this hotel and and value was incredible... make sure you shop around for deals (we paid around $125 a night!). Also, the coffee that they sell at the giftshop can be bought at a supermarket for more then half the price... don't be fooled.

• Stayed: November 2004
7  Thank JakChitown
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2006

I am so glad that I did not heed all the negative reviews on this hotel because it was one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. The grounds were lush and full of vibrant flowers and other vegetation. The reception area/lobby were completely open and airy and the staff welcomes you with fresh squeezd juice upon arrival. The room was very nice and clean with mahogany accents and a very large jacuzzi tub. There was wine and fruit waiting for us. The best part about the room though is the view from your balcony-you stare straight up at the magnificent volcano. My husband and I spent almost an entire evening just watching the natural fireworks (the lava coming down the side of the volcano.) The pools at the hotel varied in temperature and were very clean. The buffet breakfast is a must here. The other fantastic aspect about this hotel is the free access to the hot springs. Set deep among lush vegetation, the hot springs are absolutely an amazing experience, especially at night. The hot springs vary in temperature and mineral content. If you are going to visit Costa Rica you cannot miss these hot springs. There is also a great little bar along one of the paths through the hot srpings where you can cool off and enjoy exotic drinks. Had I known how amazing this hotel was, I would have booked more than just 2 nights there. Please do not get discouraged by the negative reviews! The Tabacon is not just a hotel it is an experience.

• Stayed: August 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Collegeville, PA
Reviewed January 10, 2006

We toured Costa Rica with my husbands family and I have to say the absolute highlight of our trip was Tabacon. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, the hot springs and the staff.

Everyone at the hotel, including the restaurant was extremely courteous and friendly. It was a pleasure to stay there.

The hot springs are JUST incredible. It was great having the entrance included in our room fee so we could come and go as we pleased. Every day we found a new secret pool that my husband and I could enjoy by ourselves.

Speaking of enjoying ourselves, we got some services at the spa and again - some of the best spa services I've ever had. We had a couples massage in a bungalow outside admist the rainforest where we could hear the water running. The massages were perfect! Then I also got the coffee sugar body scrub which was just as great as the massage.

I also reccomend going to La Fortuna to see the waterfall. It was breathtaking!

I have to say, I think Tabacon hot springs resort was one of the most romantic places I've ever been!

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2006

My husband and I visited Costa Rica In Nov 2005, spending 2 nights at Tabacon Resort. The resort itself was very nice, although I did not think our volcano-view room was $200/night nice. The breakfast buffet included with the room was fair, beer and alcoholic beverages were very expensive. The best part about our stay was the hot springs. A truely beautiful setting, not at all crowded early and late because only hotel guests are allowed in. A great tour was the Sky Tram/Sky Trek, with zip-line cables much higher and longer than an average canopy tour. The hardest part about travel to the interior part of Costa Rica is actually getting there. The roads are terrible, even during the dry season. I would recommend this hotel to first time visitors, and would stay somewhere cheaper next time.

3  Thank BETH S
Reviewed January 8, 2006

This was definately one of the most perfect spots in Costa Rica. The hot springs themseves are phenomonal and like nothing I've ever experience in the U.S., but also it's a great location and you can do so much from this hotel, you can do a zip-line tour of a cloud rainforest, you can go white water rafting, horse back riding, all that stuff, and it's close to Liberia so you can fly into there instead of San Jose and you won't have a 4-hour drive to get there. The rooms are fairly ordinary and not super impressive, but the staff is wonderful and take good care of you. It is walking distance to the hot springs technically, but you have to walk down like 200 stairs (literally!) so you can walk there if you want, but after getting all de-stressed in the hot springs you should take their shuttle back so you stay relaxed! I can't even describe the hot springs themselves, there's more than one building so I don't know if they're all the same, but the one I went to had a restaurant (great food!) and a large pool (bigger than olympic size). It had a pool bar at one end and a waterslide at the other. The hot springs were filtered into the pool from the waterslide which made them slightly cooler and for me much more tolerable. You can also go over to another area where there is the hot spring in it's natural state, and you almost kill yourself slipping on the lava rocks walking in, but it's so hot I couldn't take it and went back to the pool and had a frozen rumpunch to cool off a bit! I think the perfect vacation to Costa Rica would be 4 nights here and 3 nights at a nice beach in Guanacaste, flying in and out of Liberia and skipping San Jose.

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled on business