“Most beautiful place in the world”

Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Most beautiful place in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have traveled to many places but this was our first trip to Costa Rica. Tabacon Hot Springs is an amazing place and thus far the most beautiful location we have ever been. We only wish we could have stayed longer. The Hot Springs are not to be missed! They are the only natural hot springs from the river that flows through the Arenal volcano. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The staff were always friendly and available to accommodate any needs we had.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank TMcmillin
TabaconGuestService, Manager at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Tmcmillin

We are thankful for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your first visit to Costa Rica, we were extremely honored to receive you as our guest at Tabacon. As you mentioned our natural hot spring river emerge naturally from Arenal Volcano offering more than 20 different pools, ponds and cascades with different temperatures and a high mineral content. It is really rewarding to know that our staff and the facilities exceed your expectations and we hope you can visit us again and stay longer.

Kindest Regards
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Hebrew first
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our family stayed here one night (6/27) and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel as well as the thermal springs. As soon as we entered the hotel we were greeted with a fresh tropical fruit juice and we were then escorted to our room on their buggy. The room had a panoramic view of the volcano. Hotel staff and management were very responsive to any concern or need. I wish we had stayed one more night but we had to prepare for our departure flight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jae K

Thank you for your review, we are extremely happy that you spent part of your family vacation in Costa Rica, it was an honor to receive you as our guest. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay including your room and the volcano view. I look forward to your return visit so that our team may once again exceed your expectations.

Cordially,
Long island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We came for our honeymoon for 4 nights. One positive thing I will say is the staff was extremely friendly and nice. Treated us great. The rooms are really cool too. However.. We did the private dinner in the rainforest bungalow (for our honeymoon) ... It was $320 USD - (plus tip) DO NOT DO IT - complete waste of money. First the chef picked an appetizer.. Seafood. Our appetizer and entree we ordered was clearly not seafood..yet our chef choice was.. And we don't at raw fish..So we couldn't eat that. Then our steak was ordered at medium well... We had to send it back THREE times.. The final time it was still cooked medium rare. (Don't ask me how) We closed our eyes and ate some of it.. Then ordered room service (and paid for it) - also got about 500 bug bites that night. The chef also looked miserable and had to leave for 25 minutes to make our dessert. We just wanted to leave the bungalow! we were going to complain but it was our honeymoon and didn't want to get worked up. Also the main bartenders weren't really that friendly. If you smoke.. Don't stay here. You are banned to a tiny hut that is completely unsanitary. Everything else was great! Just don't do the bungalow dinner. I am told other resorts are also in the rainforest and have hot springs and not as expensive. For 4 nights our bill was Like 1500 (not including the room) which is crazy. Kept finding bugs in room which is expected since we are in rainforest. It was beautiful and staff was great but those were the downfalls we experienced.

• Stayed July 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

The views were unlike anything I have experienced up until now. Only wished we could have stayed longer. Customer service was top notch. I can't say enough about our stay. It was sooo luxurious- this was the honeymoon we never had.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luvnlife81
TabaconGuestService, Manager at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Luvnlife81

We really appreciate your review, it is very rewarding be informed about the pleasant experience you had during your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our world-class service and you experienced the magic and romance like a lovely honeymoon at Tabacon, never is too late for an unforgettable honeymoon or anniversary celebration! We invite you to extend your stay during your next visit taking advantage of our packages for a romantic escape that includes some meals, spa bonus or even adventure tours. We look forward to receive you and your family in the near future.

With kindest regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I just came back from vacation in Costa Rica and it was my first time there. I can truly say it was one of the greatest experience of my life. Me and my finance stayed in the Tabacon grand thermal resort and had the best experience. The staff was very friendly and willing to help us when we need assistance. The environment was very clean and the food was great. I would recommend that anyone headed to Costa Rica stop by Tabacon grand thermal resort and you wont regret it.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello stylin2

Thank you for sharing your kind review! We’re always happy to know that our guests enjoyed the greatest experience of their lives at Tabacon. We strive to provide our visitors an unparalleled service in order to help them create memories that will last forever. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience, and we hope to welcome you back.

Sincerely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

When I came to the resort I noticed it was very well kept and very upscale and beautiful. From the time I came the staff was nice welcoming and helped me when I asked questions when I needed anything which is a plus for me. I felt very comfortable in my room very cozy. I believe that is what made my stay so great was the staff members. And I enjoy my vacation there a lot I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Aida G
Dear Aida G

I am delighted to know you loved our service, our staff is always happy to create memorable occasions during your vacation and assist with any special need. It is also a pleasure to know you enjoyed every single detail of your stay, from a warm welcome to a comfortable room in the heart of the Costa Rican rainforest. We are happy we were able to exceed your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to Tabacon.

Best regards
Fort lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I don't even know where to start from but the service from when we first arrived was amazing. The staff was pleasant. They catered to our every need. They made my honeymoon a week to remember. The room was great, and comfy. The view on out balcony was to die for. The food we had was so good I didn't even stick to my diet. But this hotel made me fall in love with Costa Rica like no other. I have already planned my next trip here this thanksgiving!!! I love it I just can't get enough of it. It's amazing. If you ever wanted to know where to stay I would say here. The surroundings are just gorgeous. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Lovinglifemekia

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it! First of all, let us congratulate you on your wedding. We are glad you decided to visit Tabacon to celebrate your honeymoon, it was an honor to receive you as our guest, having the opportunity to be part of this memorable occasion in your life. I am delighted to know you enjoyed the impressive forest views from your room, our dining experiences as well as our magical hot springs that lead you to a memorable time at Costa Rica. Thank you for your preference and we look forward to your next visit during Thanksgiving! It will be an honor to welcome you again at Tabacon...

Cordially
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Fortuna de San Carlos
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Manoa Hotel
Arenal Manoa Hotel
#12 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,766 reviews

Been to Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!